FREE AND OPEN SOURCE SOFTWARE LAB
The course aims to expose students to FOSS environment. It introduces the students to use open source packages in the open source platforms.Students are introduced to programming in perl, awk and bash script
- CS204:Operating systems
- Getting started with Linux basic commands for directory operations
- Linux commands for operations such as redirection, pipes, filters, job control, changing ownership/permissions of files/links/directory.
- Advanced Linux Commands
- Shell programming
- Shell script to show various system configurations
- Implement a menu driven calculator
- Script that accepts two arguments from the command line and operates on them
- Version Control System setup and usage using Git
- Simple Text Processing using Perl and Awk
- Test an applications, new kernels and isolate applications.
- Program for compiling From The Source
- Kernal Configuration, Compilation and Installation
- Create scientific calculator using GTK.