The course objective is to familiarize the students with the architecture and instruction set of 8086 microprocessor. This course requires the students to practice assembly language programming on 8086 and practice the fundamentals of interfacing various peripheral devices with the microprocessor.
- CS305 – Microprocessors and Microcontrollers
- Cycle 1-8086 Microprocessor
- Implementation of decimal arithmetic(8 bit, 16 bit, 32 bit) operations in 8086 microprocessor.
- Generate Fibonacci sequence in 8086 microprocessor
- Find the largest/smallest, total sum in an array of numbers.
- Code conversion between BCD and Binary
- Implementation of linear searching
- Implementation of bubble sort
- Find factorial of a number
- Find the LCM and GCD of two given numbers
- Implementation of bit manipulation operations
- Implementation of string operation
- Cycle 2 – Interfacing with 8086 microprocessor
- Interfacing with stepper motor
- Interfacing with DAC
- Interfacing with ADC
- Cycle 3 – 8051 Microcontroller
- Decimal arithmetic operations with 8051 microcontroller
- Implementation of Stepper motor interfacing