APPLICATION SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT LAB
The course introduces the basic commands and operations on database.It presents stored programming concepts (PL-SQL) using Cursors and Triggers and also familiarise students with front end tools of database.
- CS208 : Principles of Database Design
- Creation of a database using DDL commands and writes DQL queries to retrieve information from the database.
- Performing DML commands like Insertion, Deletion, Modifying, Altering, and Updating records based on conditions.
- Creating relationship between the databases.
- Creating a database to set various constraints.
- Practice of SQL TCL commands like Rollback, Commit, Savepoint.
- Practice of SQL DCL commands for granting and revoking user privileges.
- Creation of Views and Assertions
- Implementation of Build in functions in RDBMS
- Implementation of various aggregate functions in SQL
- Implementation of Order By, Group By& Having clause.
- Implementation of set operators, nested queries and Join queries
- Implementation of various control structures using PL/SQL
- Creation of Procedures and Functions
- Creation of Packages
- Creation of database Triggers and Cursors
- Practice various front-end tools and report generation.
- Creating Forms and Menus
- Mini project (Application Development using Oracle/ MySQL using Database connectivity)